Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] script for 84/85 error code freeze

2002-11-18 13:09:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] script for 84/85 error code freeze
From: SYSWHP AT langate.gsu DOT edu (Walter Paul)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:09:11 -0500
This works for us:

    NetBackup Faq-O-Matic :
      How to FREEZE media after only 1 media error?

      If Netbackup detects an error when writing to tape during a
      backup, is there a way to make it continue the backup on a
      different tape? NetBackup will resubmit a job that fails with a
      media error according to the Global Settings for failed backup
      attempts.  Unfortunately it may try using the same tape that
      just had a media error. Create a file
      /usr/openv/netbackup/MEDIA_ERROR_THRESHOLD. Enter the number of
      allowable errors before NetBackup will freeze a tape. If you
      enter the number zero then it will FREEZE the tape on the first
      media error.

>>> "vidit kohli" <vidit_k AT hotmail DOT com> 11/18/02 12:38PM >>>
Hello

We need to freeze the media as soon as we get error code 84 or 85, does
anyone can help or provide us with script, which can do.

thanks

vidit