Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Red Hat client install

2002-11-14 11:31:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Red Hat client install
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:31:20 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C28BFA.C6244E1D

I am having a problem with a Red Hat install. I did a CD install on the client,
modified the bp.conf to match our other clients, and added it to NBU. When I
try a backup, it errors out with a status 57.

I have troubleshot the following things so far: xinitd is running, I can
traceroute with no problems back and forth from the client to both the master
and media server which are both Solaris.

We have other Red Hat clients that we have had no problems with installing the
same way...

Thanks,
Harry S.
Atlanta

------_=_NextPart_001_01C28BFA.C6244E1D

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Red Hat client install</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am having a problem with a Red Hat install. I did a =
CD install on the client, modified the bp.conf to match our other =
clients, and added it to NBU. When I try a backup, it errors out with a =
status 57.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have troubleshot the following things so far: =
xinitd is running, I can traceroute with no problems back and forth =
from the client to both the master and media server which are both =
Solaris.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We have other Red Hat clients that we have had no =
problems with installing the same way...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Harry S.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Atlanta</FONT>