Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] mismatch of barcode and media id on 2000

2002-11-12 07:31:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] mismatch of barcode and media id on 2000
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 07:31:17 -0500
I have had this happen on a Solaris master also. If the robot doesn't
read the barcode correctly for any reason, the media id won't match the
barcode.
Actually, when we were first starting with nbu, we had this happen
quite a bit and it took a while to figure it out. If you don't have any
backups on the mismatched tapes, you can delete them from the robot and
readd them after fixing the label. I still have some mismatched tapes
that I'm waiting to expire, though. All I found I could do was take them
out of the robot so they won't be used again, and wait.

Robert Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703
grabbeb AT dominos DOT com

>>> "David Markham" <dave.markham AT icl DOT net> 11/12/02 5:20:52 AM >>>
I actually use *nix my self so may not explain this very well.

A colleague came to me with Netbackup problem where on Netbackup 4.5
on
windows 2k they have a strange thing happening.

Under media listing the tapes there are various columns and most of
them
match between media id and barcode. There are a few however that have
media
id set to one thing and barcode set to another. How can this happen?

On my unix Netbackup there is just a media id, which is the barcode.

Does this make sense to anyone? If you need more info please mail.

Thanks

Dave