Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring catalogs from tape to different host

2002-11-11 22:18:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring catalogs from tape to different host
From: Dave.High AT veritas DOT com (Dave High)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:18:48 -0800
Andy,

This is actually something that I have personally done about 10 times with
customers, and on my own quite a few times.

The bprecover command is built to facilitate this sort of thing. Otherwise
our Catalogs would be nearly worthless in a Disaster Recovery situation.

Do a "bprecover /?" to see the options.

The "dhost" is a "destination host" parameter that allows you to specify the
NAME of the host you are recovering "TO". Piece of cake.

Please email me if you are trying this and it is not working. While I may
make a pitch to have VERITAS Consulting come in and help you (hey, I have to
pay the rent right???) I will do what I can to assist.

Cheers,

dave

_____
dave high
VERITAS Enterprise Consulting
Bay Area Region
702-683-7733

"Unix IS user friendly, it is just VERY picky who it chooses as friends"