Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] dlt drive performance and aha-2944uw cards

2002-11-11 15:39:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] dlt drive performance and aha-2944uw cards
From: jmaley AT macromedia DOT com (Jeff Maley)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:39:39 -0800
we are getting ready to migrate our netbackup3.4.1 master from an an hp lh4 to
a compaq dl380. currently, the lh4 has 5 aha-2944uw cards supporting 9 dlt
drives in a stkl700 (2 drives per card, 1 left over). the new server doesn't
have as many pci slots, so we are going to be limited to two cards (4 drives on
one, 5 on the other). the specs for the cards indicate they can sustain 40mb/s
so it seems like it should be fine (5 dlt drives @ 6mb/s = 30 mb/s) but i'm
looking for real-world performance. anyone have a similar setup?

jeff maley             | 415.832.4039
it operations          | 415.218.3106 (cell)
::macromedia::         |jmaley AT macromedia DOT com
http://guru:8080/g0d/