Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #1710 - 8 msgs

2002-11-09 15:39:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #1710 - 8 msgs
From: kdeuja AT winstar DOT com (Kumar Deuja)
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 15:39:03 -0500
Hi,

        Has anyone experience problem after restoring the netbackup
configuration from tape after the main backup server died.

Here is the situation;

I am using HP-UX 11.0 with Netbackup 3.2 Datacenter

The backup server died due to a disk failure and I lost all my
/usr/openv. However, I restored all the files under /usr/openv such as
the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images and /usr/openv/volmgr as well as all
the configuration. I assumed it should take all the old configuration
back since nothing has changed on the system side. I just simply lost
/usr/openv and restored it. Its saying "unable to open the robotic path"
which is /dev/rac/c1td40 and its there. I can see all the media, volume
pools, drives and the robot too but I can't communicate with the robot.
I didn't think I had to build that particular no rewind device file. Any
suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kumar Deuja
Enterprise Production Operations
Winstar Communications, LLC