Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP restore [Summary]

2002-11-07 15:59:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP restore [Summary]
From: liddles AT amgen DOT com (Liddle, Stuart)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:59:13 -0800
Thanks to all who replied on this issue.

First of all, what I wanted to do is tecnically not possible with NetBackup.
I wanted to take a set of backup tapes of a NetApp filer which had been
backed up using NDMP and restore to a non-NetApp device using NetBackup.

What I also found out is that NDMP backup tapes can be restored without
using NetBackup, but this is not really an option given the large number of
tapes involved (18  DLT-8000 tapes).

Also, the latest version of NetBackup NDMP (v4.5) will allow for media
server drives of any type (SCSI or Fibre Channel) to appear as NDMP drives.
However, you still have to restore to the same type of device that was
originally backed-up using NDMP.