Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore Problems

2002-11-07 13:20:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore Problems
From: Carlos.Perales AT kellogg DOT com (Carlos Perales)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:20:10 -0600

All,

I'm having restore problems when my backups use more than one tape.

The restores start correctly and as soon as they find a tape which has a file
between two tapes, the restore crashes, being unable to restore the rest of the
info.

I can resume the restore selecting the rest of the files (It's not like the tape
is damaged), however this is not very good when you are talking about a restore
of millions of small files and 6 tapes.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem ?
I got no error code or anything, I only notice that the restore crash when they
get to the file in the middle of two tapes.

Carlos