Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape drive License requirements for Netbackup SAN Media server

2002-11-07 02:19:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape drive License requirements for Netbackup SAN Media server
From: kai.oyang AT siemens.com DOT au (O'Yang Kai)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:19:22 +1100
Hi,

We've got a Netbackup Datacenter version 4.5 master server, with 1 "Library
based tape drive support option" license, and 1 "Shared Storage Option
license" and we got one Tape drive autoloader installed.
If we add a Windows SAN Media server to the setup and locally hook up one
LTO tape drive to this SAN media server machine, I have to buy 1x SAN NT
media server license, do I need to buy more license if we want to backup
this server to its local LTO drive?
If I have to buy more, which license do I need?

Best regards,
Kai
CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error please notify Siemens Ltd., ABN 98004347880,
or Siemens (NZ) Limited immediately.