Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backups offsite

2002-11-05 12:53:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backups offsite
From: jason.cordes AT letigre DOT com (jason.cordes AT letigre DOT com)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:53:37 -0600
I've never looked into using that command before. But the problem I see for
most users is that they are wanting to avoid the command line options as
much as possible. And in truth this is best for them (mostly windows users)
since going outside the gui is an invitation for problems with some people.
Scheduling within the gui does not allow more than 2 tapes for catalog
backup so this the option I have proposed to them is the multiple tapes with
the same label to send with their backup sets offsite.

Unix users are more comfortable with command line options and scheduling
then the majority of the windows users I've worked with so I avoid giving
them options outside the gui if I can help it.

Jason Cordes
LeTigre Computing
713.681.8844
jason.cordes AT letigre DOT com