Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore using the Master Catalog

2002-10-26 19:46:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore using the Master Catalog
From: gcampbell AT rgv.rr DOT com (Greg Campbell)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 18:46:37 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C27D20.03AC6390

I am a newbe to NetBackup.  I ran into a situation where the disk that =
contains the Veritas directory (and the db) on a SAN Media Server =
crashed. I know that the catalog for this server was in the db directory =
but I also believe that it is in the Master catalog. I have full backups =
of the drive but since the catalog on the server is gone how do I =
initiate a restore using the master catalog? Fortunately this is a new =
installation and the server was a test server. I was able to get it back =
up using the directory information from a test restore for this machine =
that was done on another machine. Once the Veritas directory was =
available I was able to restore the whole drive. I would appreciate it =
if someone would point me in the right direction.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C27D20.03AC6390

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am a newbe to NetBackup.&nbsp; I ran =
into a=20
situation where the disk that contains the Veritas directory (and the =
db) on a=20
SAN Media Server crashed. I know that the catalog for this server was in =
the db=20
directory but I also believe that it is in the Master catalog. =
I&nbsp;have full=20
backups of the drive but since the catalog on the server is gone how do =
I=20
initiate a restore&nbsp;using the master catalog? Fortunately this is a =
new=20
installation and the server was a test server. I was able to get it back =
up=20
using the directory information from a test restore for this machine =
that was=20
done on another machine. Once the Veritas directory was available I was =
able to=20
restore the whole drive. I would appreciate it if someone would point me =
in the=20
right direction.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C27D20.03AC6390--