Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 4.5 Installation error on NT

2002-10-23 19:16:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 4.5 Installation error on NT
From: jon_bousselot AT sd.vrtx DOT com (Jon Bousselot)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:16:37 -0700
I ran into this exact error once. I found a tech document on Veritas' site that
suggested a workaround might be to install an old client first, and then do an
upgrade.  This worked, and we haven't had problems with the client since.  The
logfile that is generated during the failed install gave me good keywords to use
on the tech document search.

TechNote ID: 238231

While this technote is for a problem related to 3.4 and 3.4.1 upgrades, it
happened to work when I saw this bug trying to install the 4.5 client on NT4 and
2K.

-Jon