Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: [NBUADV-L] Query robot control host?

2002-10-15 10:12:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: [NBUADV-L] Query robot control host?
From: gbos AT uoguelph DOT ca (Gerrit Bos)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:12:38 -0400
This is as in interesting tidbit which I had not known before.  Just browsing
the list as a matter of course has it's value!  I checked the command on our 3.4
Solaris system, and found the following:

tpconfig -data is undocumented, but works and returns a list like the GUI
"Device Monitor" including the robot numbers a line at a time.
tpconfig -d is documented, and includes devices and robotic path and volume
hosts separately.  Relatively compact with two lines per device.  Documented in
MM SysAdm P319
tpconfig -dl Same information as -d except each drive/attribute combination has
a line, so each drive has 7 lines of display.  (flag came from a tpconfig -help)

There are probably other undocumented flags.  Oh, and tpconfig -dl only works on
the current control host.

Thanks for the pointer, and I hope the additional detail helps someone....Gerrit