Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] S77netbackup on 3.4.x

2002-10-09 13:58:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] S77netbackup on 3.4.x
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:58:45 -0700
Does anyone else have a problem with /etc/rc2.d/S77netbackup (the
Veritas-supplied Netbackup startup script) not working properly?

The script invokes initbprd.  On my master, bpdbm and bpsched start, but
bprd dies with:
        bprd[481]: Cannot contact NetBackup bpdbm. Terminating.

After a reboot, bpdbm and bpsched are running, but bprd is not.  When I
manually start bprd at that point, all is well.  However, the purpose of
startup scripts is to save admins from having to manually start services
every time a system reboot ;)

Anyone else?  Any solutions before I start hacking S77netbackup?

--
 Drew Fabbro, USG [fabbro.andrew AT cnf DOT com]
 Desk: 503-450-3374    Cell: 503-701-0369