Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQLserver error with Netbackup GUI configuration ?

2002-10-09 03:59:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQLserver error with Netbackup GUI configuration ?
From: eulrich AT jetmultimedia DOT fr (Emmanuel ULRICH)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:59:24 +0200
Hi everybody,

i'm trying to backup a SQL server database. I first installed the
Netbackup client, then the agent and the SQLserver patch as recomended.
Then i created a NT user account ( with admin permissions), then i
assigned my user in SQL to my database with the following roles : create
db, create view, backup public and db_owner ... Humm everything that's
possible.
Then i created a DSN that is successfully tested. And then i run the
dbbackup.exe -mssql -dns myDSN i get the error :

>> An error was encountered accessing ODBC data source list. See
DBBACKUP log.

Then i can see the SQL GUI but nothing works when i select each menu.

Does someone knows what's happening and how i get this working ?

Many thanks for your time and hints .

Regards Emmanuel