Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Auto Ejecting from an STK9310 using ACSLS

2002-10-03 02:39:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Auto Ejecting from an STK9310 using ACSLS
From: DAllen AT axa.com DOT au (DAllen AT axa.com DOT au)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:39:01 +1000
Kelli

Our NetBackup master is HP-UX 11.  The ACSLS server's name is "acsls-fl".
We do this :

1. List all tapes (bpmedialist) that need to be ejected in a temp file with
the following format :

EJECT
0,0,0
N00073
N01128
N00331
N00478
N01101
N00822
<line feed>

This file is written to /tmp/acsls_ejects on the NBU master.
There must be a blank line with a line feed at the bottom.  0,0,0 is the
cap identifier we are ejecting to.  The Nxxxxx are our tape numbers.

We then run this on the master to send the eject file to the acsls server
(acsls-fl) and do the ejects :

# FTP eject command file to acsls-fl
ftp -in acsls-fl.domain <<EOJ
user <userid> <password>
ascii
put /tmp/acsls_ejects /tmp/acsls_ejects
bye
EOJ
# Use remsh to issue acsls eject command on acsls-fl
remsh acsls-fl -l acsss '/export/home/ACSSS/bin/cmd_proc -q
</tmp/acsls_ejects'

That's it.  It's a bit messy, but it has not failed ONCE after running this
process every single day for the last 12 months or so.
The only down side is that you need to inventory the library to update what
has been ejected in the NBU database. We have a cron setup to do an
inventory every day after the tapes should have been ejected.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Dean

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of AXA.   Thank you.