Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] CLI manual backups freaking out master

2002-09-27 18:58:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] CLI manual backups freaking out master
From: sgarrett-veritas-ug AT technomancer DOT com (Scott Garrett)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:58:41 -0400
Quoting "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com>:

> An option would be to replace the bpbackup with bpsched with the (IB) flag
> (background it or it'll run in the foreground).  This would put the
> scheduler in charge of it.
>
> A lot of manual things (bpduplicate, bpbackups) don't seem to run as well
> as
> things managed by the scheduler.

Hmm. I thought this would be the solution, but we have a multiple-master
environment, and I have this script working on our reporting master, and it
sends the requests to each datacenter's master.  With bpsched, I can't do that,
since each datacenter handles its own scheduling.  i.e. with bpbackup, I can use
the "-M" to tell it to run the backup on machine X.  Not, at least, unless
bpsched has another hidden option like so many of the Netbackup commands.  ;)

--
        Scott Garrett     mailto:sgarrett AT technomancer DOT com
                                          http://www.technomancer.com

    *** No matter what you do, you'll never outsmart the squirrels.