Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO and Tape Alert

2002-09-27 11:41:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO and Tape Alert
From: robert_johannes AT udlp DOT com (Robert Johannes)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:41:33 -0500
I have 10 drives configured in an SSO environment, NBU 3.4_3, and 2 SSO
media servers, which all see the 10 drives.

My problem is that each time an SSO media server is done using a drive,
and just when it is dismounting a tape from the drive, ltid logs a
message saying:  "Tape Alert not supported on drivex (device x,
/dev/rmt/xcbn)", and then tldd proceeds to down that drive:
"DecodeDismount(): TLD(0) drive x, Actual status: Robotic dismount
failure.  TLD(0) drive x (device x) is being DOWNED, status: Robotic
dismount failure.  Check integrity of the drive, drive path, and media"

Well, I have checked the integrity of the drive and drive paths; and not
every media being unmounted can be bad.

Has anybody else seen this in their SSO environment, and how do you
resolve it?  It seems to me that a simple disabling of Tape Alert would
solve the issue, but it seems that you CANNOT disable Tape Alert, as
useless as it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

robert