Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media manager expiration

2002-09-27 01:29:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media manager expiration
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 00:29:02 -0500
just to make it clear, I'm talking about Media Manager expiration of the tapes
here... physical expiration, not expiration in NetBackup.

I know the manual states that by default media is added with an expiration
date of 2 years from when it is first added... at least the older manuals did.
But I never actually saw this happen.  It looks like the default is always set
to never expire.

Is there a way to set this so when a new media is added, it is automatically
given an expiration x days, years or whatever out from that day?  And if so,
how is it done on Unix and NT masters?

Thanks,

Scott