Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup master client question.

2002-09-25 16:27:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup master client question.
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:27:44 -0400
I don't think your Master server can be down leveled from the client. It will
work the other way around where the Master is at a higher level than the client.

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Manager, Systems Software
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> deepak deshpande <ddeepak_abc AT yahoo DOT com> 09/25/2002 6:08:46 AM >>>
Hi ,
My h/w is sun and os is  solaris 2.6 on both master
and client.
I have veritas dc netbackup 3.4 client .I am trying to
connect to netbackup 3.2 server.
>From the client I run :-
#bpimagelist -l -hoursago 1000
.
I get return code 43.The log is attatched.
Looks like communication problem between master and
client.
Can somebody tell me the command(not gui based) to
solve this?
   Again I would like to know how netbackup manages
its own database like imagelist ?Is it kept in a small
oracle database?(Our netbackup 3.2 is used to backup
oracle 7.3 . We are planning it to upgrade to DC 3.4

Deepak