Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Choice of platform for Master Server

2002-09-25 15:11:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Choice of platform for Master Server
From: CBallowe AT usg DOT com (Ballowe, Charles)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:11:41 -0500
I would go with Unix for scriptability, but that's just me. I haven't
heard anything about quality of support on Windows. I know from experience
with this list, both in answers to my questions and in other traffic, that
a script that solves a given problem is often already in existence written
in sh, ksh, or perl and people are happy to pass useful tips and scripts
along. Even on Windows, without nice scripting tools, the command lines
have felt better than the GUI.