Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Overnight scheduling quirk

2002-09-24 10:46:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Overnight scheduling quirk
From: Jesse.Gardner AT storaenso DOT com (Gardner, Jesse)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:46:01 +0200
(Netbackup 4.5)

I'm having a problem where I've got a policy whose backup window needs to be
open between 7pm and 6am.  So it's set up the common sense way- window
starts at 7pm and runs for 11 hours.  Netbackup then automatically sets the
end time to be the next day at 6am, which is fine.

We run incrementals M-Tr and fulls on Friday.  On Monday, the Incremental
starts at 7pm like it should.

On Tuesday->Thursday, it starts at 12:08am (5 hours late).  I figure that
since Monday night's backups ran into Tuesday morning, it confuses the
backup window and thinks it's already done Tuesday's backup.  So it waits
until Wednesday comes around (12:08 am).

Anyone seen this?  Any advice?

Thanks,
Jesse