Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] requested media id was not found in NB media dat abase and/or MM volume database

2002-09-24 10:38:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] requested media id was not found in NB media dat abase and/or MM volume database
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:38:32 -0400
Steven:

bpmedialist is a Netbackup CLI, therefore it will query the mediaDB's for ALL
of the media servers under the Master's Domain.  The errors are accurate given
the fact that the other media servers do not have that mediaID in their DB.

If you want to run this command and not have all of those errors use the

-h

option and pass it the media server host name for it to query.

bpmedialist -ev $ID -h $MEDIA_SERVER

David Chapa

PS.  Incidentally, if you were to use any of the CLI's in
the /usr/openv/volmgr/bin directory, then the volHost information would matter,
but when you are executing NBU CLI's it typically does not.