Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] jnbSA as a non-root UID.

2002-09-23 17:17:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] jnbSA as a non-root UID.
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Manders)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:17:05 -0700
Hi,

So, I have run the nonroot_admin script, but when a user tries to enter their
username and password it gives an error 35 (can't create a driectory). Using
root/password does still work from the UID in question, but I would prefer the
actual UID/username/password work to minimize potential issues.

I have edited the /usr/openv/java/auth.conf and added the user in question.

I note the directory /usr/openv/java/logs has sufficient perms to touch files in
there and create dirs. In /tmp as well. And, in their $HOME, no problem.

So, where is this directory it is trying to make, or what is the way around
this?

I do note that when I run the nonroot_admin script it can't seem to locate the
group I made in /etc/group (Solaris 7). But, I have tested that the group is
correct and works (I can do things with group-write, for instance). So, the
group is right, but the script can't figure that out. That is the only pointer I
have, since nothing is really logged in the logs for this, though perhaps I just
don't have the right logging on. Logging is VERBOSE, though, in bp.conf.

Any ideas or pointers/suggestions appreciated.

TIA!

Chris