Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media write errors !

2002-09-23 14:35:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media write errors !
From: pawilhelm AT davidson DOT edu (Wilhelm, Patrick)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:35:03 -0400
We've seen the same behaviour with HP LTO drives, and yes unless something is
really fouled, resetting the drive from the GUI or CLI and then UP'ing the
drive usually cure the problem.  NB uses will "DOWN" drives as a feature and
this can be configured as to how many errors are required before a drive will
be down'd.  A lot of our media write errors were really FC/SCSI path errors,
keep that in mind if your drive are not direct connected to the media server.

Patrick Wilhelm
Davidson College - ITS
704-894-2569
pawilhelm AT davidson DOT edu