Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 84 on HP LTO drives

2002-09-23 09:48:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 84 on HP LTO drives
From: gbos AT uoguelph DOT ca (Gerrit Bos)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:48:44 -0400
Penny, Eric,

   I was worried about this flag too, especially regarding restores.  Hadn't
though yet about the consequences regarding subsequent images.  I did run one
test backup with the flag in place, and it went succesfully.  A restore from a
file within that image though gave an error:
Error 92 media manager detected image that was not in tar format.

The story so far on my situation is that I have backups going to the new silo
after removing the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS file.  It
was set to 262144, and a tcopy check (of the one image with
"NO_POSITION_CHECK") showed that the images were being written at 64KB.  We're
still trying to find out why that is the case, but we have made progress.  My
thanks go out to Eric, Karl, Peter, Penny, and Larry (a whole bunch!), who
have helped with this issue so far.

I'll put a summary to the list once once we get to the bottom of it.
Thanks....Gerrit