Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Assign a new media for Catalog Backup

2002-09-22 11:19:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Assign a new media for Catalog Backup
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:19:26 -0400
Hello Rita

Netbackup will not overwrite a tape that it knows had been used to hold data
from an catalog backup. Before it uses the tape, it reads the internal label
written on the front of the tape to determine if it is a tape that is ok to
write on.

You can use the bplabel command to overwrite the internal label on the tape so
that netbackup will not be able to tell that the tape had netbackup catalog
data saved on it.

len