Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle Agent 3.4 vs 4.5

2002-09-20 14:05:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Agent 3.4 vs 4.5
From: PWinkeler AT officemax DOT com (Winkeler, Paul)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:05:47 -0400
Kenneth

Here is what I can tell you for sure:
1)      The 3.4 NBU client coupled with the 3.4 Oracle agent will work fine
with a 4.5 master
2)      The 4.5 NBU client coupled with the 3.4 Oracle agent will work fine
with a 4.5 master
This with Master and Media servers on Solaris 5.8 boxes.  Scenario 1) is in
use across many clients, both NT, 2K as well as Solaris.  Scenario 2)
happens to work if the client is Solaris based and runs Oracle 8.0.5.  It is
is likely not supported by Veritas and the only reason we are running it
this way is because I just realize I haven't gotten around to upgrading the
Oracle agent yet :-)  Thus, remember kids, don't this at work!

 PaulW

---
Paul Winkeler, IT Consultant
216-471-3795