Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: Backup taking too long

2002-09-18 20:41:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: Backup taking too long
From: rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com (rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:41:16 -0700
--=_alternative 0004061F88256C39_=

Many thanks to the great people on the list for enlightening me.  Guy
Speier, Jeff Kennedy, and Steven Sesar were particularly helpful in
getting me straighten out.

I ran the "netstat -i" and noted high and increasing values for collission
and output errors.  I seeked out the network admin and he indicated that I
happen to connect to a port that he specifically configured to be 100MB,
full-duplex only.  For the meantime, we set everything to autonegotiate -
and everything is alot faster.  Looking at the activity log, it appears
I'm getting about 1GB of data to the tape in roughly five minutes.  So for
a 35GB of data, I'm looking at roughly 3 hours.

Rene

--=_alternative 0004061F88256C39_=

for enlightening me. &nbsp;Guy Speier, Jeff Kennedy, and Steven Sesar were
particularly helpful in getting me straighten out.</font>
high and increasing values for collission and output errors. &nbsp;I seeked out
the network admin and he indicated that I happen to connect to a port that he
specifically configured to be 100MB, full-duplex only. &nbsp;For the meantime,
we set everything to autonegotiate - and everything is alot faster.
&nbsp;Looking at the activity log, it appears I'm getting about 1GB of data to
the tape in roughly five minutes. &nbsp;So for a 35GB of data, I'm looking at
roughly 3 hours.</font>
--=_alternative 0004061F88256C39_=--