Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup taking too long

2002-09-18 16:52:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup taking too long
From: rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com (rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:52:13 -0700
--=_alternative 0072E3B888256C38_=

Hello,

I installed another NIC card on my Sun V880 so it could be on the same
subnet as the backup server.  This took the load off the production
subnet.  I created a new client on the NetBackup server for the new
interface.  Unfortunately, the backup of a 35GB file system is now taking
longer - in fact, it was over 3 days until I had to finally kill the job
because it doesn't appear to be doing anything.  This process use to take
about 15 hours before the addition of the extra NIC card.  There is no
routing issue.  There appears to be some traffic between the server and
client - used snoop.  I'm not using any bandwidth limiting parameter.

Can anybody give any pointers or hints?  I tried searching the archives
but was unable to get anything meaningful.

Thanks.

Rene

--=_alternative 0072E3B888256C38_=

so it could be on the same subnet as the backup server. &nbsp;This took the
load off the production subnet. &nbsp;I created a new client on the NetBackup
server for the new interface. &nbsp;Unfortunately, the backup of a 35GB file
system is now taking longer - in fact, it was over 3 days until I had to
finally kill the job because it doesn't appear to be doing anything. &nbsp;This
process use to take about 15 hours before the addition of the extra NIC card.
&nbsp;There is no routing issue. &nbsp;There appears to be some traffic between
the server and client - used snoop. &nbsp;I'm not using any bandwidth limiting
parameter.</font>
&nbsp;I tried searching the archives but was unable to get anything
meaningful.</font>
--=_alternative 0072E3B888256C38_=--