Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Deleting out of Volume Pool

2002-09-17 09:47:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Deleting out of Volume Pool
From: Paul_Yahnig AT prnewswire DOT com (Paul_Yahnig AT prnewswire DOT com)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:47:59 -0400
--0__=zh1ALXSkRCxTG7b2gtwuLPJvBVTJs1C1EPpEP6inbscbhporKuYxnYrQ

Hello again all.  I have made some progress.  It seems that the volume pools are
incorrect.  But the only way that I can seem to get a tape moved to the new pool
is to delete from the old one.  If I delete it from the old pool and
re-inventory,
it will be inserted correctly.  My question is, will this still allow me to
restore data from the moved tapes?  The reason I ask is that I see that the
mount
history has been cleared.
Thanks
Paul Yahnig

Paul Yahnig
Supervisor, Systems Administration
PR Newswire
Tel: (201) 369-5022
Fax: (201) 369-0544
C. Plinius Caecilius Secundus - "Difficile est tenere quae acceperis nisi
exerceas"

Disclaimer:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those
of PR Newswire. The contents are intended
only for the addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy,
use or disclose this communication and notify
the sender.

--0__=zh1ALXSkRCxTG7b2gtwuLPJvBVTJs1C1EPpEP6inbscbhporKuYxnYrQ--