Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog bakup problem and bpexpdate - Could not build host list

2002-09-17 02:23:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog bakup problem and bpexpdate - Could not build host list
From: sun_syed AT yahoo DOT com (sun syed)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:23:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

I am having two issues at my client site.

1)Catalog Backup shows status code of 50 in Activity
Monitor.In Activity monitor, detail status is not
showing any error messages after " Mounted: mount
time" messgage.
The master server is taking the catalog backup of 7
Media servers in the network.
Master Server: AIX
Media Server: AIX, Windows 2000 and NT

2) I am getting the fllowing message in the
Problem-error report.

This error consistently being displayed in the error
report.
Here MAS1- Master Server

9/15/02   5:00:25 AM     MAS1     bpexpdate  Error
0    General Could not build host list: client
hostname could not be found  bpexpdate
9/15/02   5:30:28 PM     MAS1     bpexpdate  Error
0    General Could not build host list: client
hostname could not be found bpexpdate

Backups are running fine. I don't think there is a
host name resolution problem. Do any one one of you
have any idea please post them ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Syed