Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Unable to get email notifications

2002-09-17 02:38:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Unable to get email notifications
From: avi.barsheshet AT mailpoalim.co DOT il (avi.barsheshet AT mailpoalim.co DOT il)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:38:09 +0200
You have to remove the "@rem" at the following line:
                       @rem @blat %3 -s %2 -t %1 -i NetBackup -server WARTHOG -q

Simply having difficulty getting email notifications to happen. The System
Administrator's Guide eventually guides you to the following commented info
within the \NetBackup\bin\nbmail.cmd file.

Avi Barsheshet,

@REM - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -
@REM -
-
@REM - HOW TO SEND MAIL FROM THE NT NETBACKUP SERVER
-
@REM -
-
@REM - NetBackup checks if the mail script (NetBackup\Bin\nbmail.cmd)
exists.  -
@REM - If the script exists, NetBackup runs it passing three parameters on
-
@REM - the command line:
-
@REM -
-
@REM -      %1 is the recipient's address
-
@REM -      %2 is the subject line
-
@REM -      %3 is the message file name
-
@REM -
-
@REM - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -
@REM -
-
@REM - A public domain SMTP mail client for NT called BLAT is available at:
-
@REM -
-
@REM -      http://gepasi.dbs.aber.ac.uk/softw/blat.html
-
@REM -
-
@REM - Here's how to use BLAT with the NetBackup NT server.
-
@REM - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -
@rem
@rem @blat %3 -s %2 -t %1 -i NetBackup -server WARTHOG -q
@rem
@REM - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -

So I've installed/loaded "Blat" (it is in the "path" and I can successfully
email a file via a command line entry). I've also added this line to my
nbmail.cmf file (below XXXXX are valid domain/mail server names).

   blat %3 -s %2 -t %1 -i NetBackup AT XXXXX DOT com -server XXXXX.XXXXX.com:25
-q

As well as there is a valid recipient email address on the Global NetBackup
Attributes tab (within NetBackup).

Other applicable specs:
- version 3.4.1GA NetBackup Administration BusinesServer
- Windows NT server

I am suspicious that it is "not" passing the appropriate parameters
mentioned above. Comments are appreciated.