Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduling auto delete of archived files on successful backup

2002-09-16 07:17:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduling auto delete of archived files on successful backup
From: paul.wilson AT gb.unisys DOT com (Wilson, Paul)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 06:17:45 -0500
 Hi,
      I'm running Netbackup 3.4.1GA on Win2K. Currently have a requirement
to archive selected log files so that once backed up they are deleted from
the drive to prevent it being filled up and stopping an Oracle database from
working.

As far as I can see the only way to do this using the standard tools is to
create a schedule of type 'User archive' and then on the client select the
files to be archived manually each time and specify check box to delete on
successful completion.

However, I need to do this on a fully unattended basis, ie create a schedule
on the master server which does this at least weekly.

There does not seem to be a way to set up automated archive scheduling on
the master server.  Has any one come up with a workaround /script which can
achieve this. Apparently this capability is available with Backup Exec.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Paul Wilson

Unisys Technology Consulting service