Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Java Admin console 4.5 question

2002-09-13 02:18:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Java Admin console 4.5 question
From: mail AT j-mulders.demon DOT nl (Joost Mulders)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:18:08 +0200
Paul Gimpelev wrote:

>Veritas did make it very confusing, but the console is there.  To the server
>installation on the CD, it will be the last option(other 2 will be grayed-out
>if you do not have a license).  Do not forget to add the host you are on as the
>server on the master(see documentation).

I think that what you have found is the "Remote Administration Console".
It is Windows MFC based (not Java) and, as far as I know, can only be
used to administer Windows based master- & media servers.

I still believe it is like this:

- Remote Administration Console
    -> Runs only on Windows
    -> Can only be used to admin. Windows based master- and media servers

- Java Administration Console
    -> Runs only on Unix
    -> Can only be used to admin. Unix based master- & media servers.

I tried hard to get the Java thing runnning on Windows. It is java after
all. I succeeded except for one thing: I couldn't open the GUI window to
modify schedules. On Unix, shared libraries are used from within java.
So, the Java Admin console is not "pure java" and therefore cannot run
(yet) on Windows.

Regards, Joost