Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] unix raw partition dump using CLI bpbackup?

2002-09-12 09:43:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] unix raw partition dump using CLI bpbackup?
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Manders)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 06:43:18 -0700
Hi,

I need to confirm that you can use a scripted bpbackup on a raw device file
(under /devices in Solaris). Is this possible, or is it only through the
include_list and server-initiated backups? It is for a database that is brought
down to backup, but we note there may be some files not seen by the OS and want
to try the raw backup from the database shutdown script.

Anyone got experience with this? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Chris