Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage and Volume Wizard

2002-09-12 01:10:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage and Volume Wizard
From: Kenneth.Lee AT sbs.siemens DOT com (Lee, Kenneth)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:10:55 -0400
Hi all,

I am new to NetBackup and hopefully all of you experience administrators can
give me some pointers.  I have installed NB 4.5 on Windows 2000 Server (no
storage device).  I will be installing the Media Server on a Sun E4500.
Should I run the Storage Device and Volume wizards on the Media Server or
should I run it on the Master Server?  If I run the wizards on the Master
Server, are there anything that I need to do to make sure that the Unix box
will allow access?  If I run the wizards on the Media Server, are there
anything I need to do to update on the Master Server?

Thanks for your help!

Ken