Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplication with NDMP

2002-09-10 16:24:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplication with NDMP
From: neil AT mbari DOT org (Conner, Neil)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:24:32 -0700
NetBackup has a bug when writing NDMP duplications.  It affects writes within
the NDMP stu, so it doesn't matter where the source is coming from (either from
another drive within the stu, or from a non-NDMP stu).  Performance was an
abysmal 500Kb/sec - a whopping 10-fold decrease in performance compared to
duplicating to a non-NDMP storage unit.

The developers know about it.  I opened a case on this and it was originally
treated as an enhancement request, but I got it elevated to bug status.  I'm
still waiting for the fix.  In the mean time, the best way to handle NDMP
duplication is to have the NDMP stu as the source and a non-NDMP stu as the
destination.

Neil