Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning Tapes

2002-09-05 21:24:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning Tapes
From: terry.newnham AT showads.com DOT au (Terry Newnham)
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:24:36 +1000
Hi

Our robot is setup with four cleaning tapes. The software is configured
to clean each drive after 20 mounts.

/var/adm/messages report an error when it attempts to clean a drive:

Sep  5 08:47:59 melsrv021 tldcd[9682]: TLD(0) key = 0x5, asc = 0x3a,
ascq = 0x0, MEDIUM NOT PRESENT
Sep  5 08:47:59 melsrv021 tldcd[9682]: TLD(0) Move_medium error: CHECK
CONDITION

Apparently what the robot is doing is trying one cleaning tape and when
it fails to get that tape it moves on to another one, which works.
That's fine but I'd like to know which cleaning tape it is failing on so
I can take it out of the system.

Does anyone know how to tell which cleaning tape it's trying to use ?

Terry