Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] index and tape retention

2002-09-05 09:25:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] index and tape retention
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 06:25:45 -0700
Do your quarterly backups remain onsite or are they sent offsite?  I
guess it doesn't really matter, eject those tapes along with the most
recent catalogue tape, keep them all together somewhere, and set an
expiration for the images.

I understand the desire to keep it nice and neat online but sometimes
that's just not possible.  Unless of course your catalogue data is on a
filer and you snapmirror that volume/qtree to a remote site.  Then you
don't even need to back it up.....

~JK