Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] running bpbackupdb from a cron job on Solaris

2002-09-04 12:05:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] running bpbackupdb from a cron job on Solaris
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:05:29 -0700
You are absolutely correct.  I can't tell you how many times I've done a
partial catalogue recovery using just nbu tar (actually I can, 7 times
in the last 4 months).  All I do is fsf past the first record and
extract the client I'm looking for.  So why wouldn't a backup work the
same way?

I think bpbackupdb is writing nbu data and then following it up with a
tar, that's it.  So there's no reason you couldn't do multi streams as
long as you label them properly.  ;-]

~JK