Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Microsoft Cluster Server and NBU

2002-08-29 09:56:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Microsoft Cluster Server and NBU
From: andyskates AT iname DOT com (Andy Skates)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:56:57 -0500
Can anyone help me?

I am just about to try and set-up NBU 4.5 on four MSCS Clusters.

Each of the clusters will be set-up as a SAN Media server. Does anyone have any
advice as to how best to do this?

There will be a simple file server cluster, running a 2 node ACTIVE/ACTIVE
cluster.

There will also be an Exchange Server Cluster, running a 2 node ACTIVE/PASSIVE
cluster.

(There will one of these clusters at 2 different locations, hence the 4
clusters).

Like I said previously these will be SAN Media Servers, attached to an STK L700
silo and 4 X STK 9940 drives.

Info I'm looking for is things like is NBU set-up against the vitual server
name or the physical server etc.
How do you set-up NBU to cope with moving from one node on the luster to the
other etc.

Thanks in advance.

Andy Skates

andyskates AT iname DOT com