Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Network Appliance and Veritas

2002-08-28 15:22:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Network Appliance and Veritas
From: jstephens AT ti DOT com (John D Stephens)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:22:36 -0500
Daivd -

Our data center is mostly NetApp.  90% of my backups on NDMP over TCP/IP.
We use the Quantum/ATL P7000 GigE Centaurus network attached robot.
It performs acceptable results.  The NBU servers have no SCSI connections
to the robots, neither do the Netapps.  It's all done over a private
network with it's own switch and every filer has a dedicated interface
into this net.

We are planning on testing an R100 for just what you are talking about.
However, time is precious and we haven't done anything yet.  The suggestion
is to use snapshots to the R100 and get rid of our incremental backups
altogether.  Then just do fulls off the R100.  I'm like you.  I want to
test this configuration before I believe the salesmen.  :)
If this works well, then we'll put the R100's and tape robots offsite
for DRP.

regards-
john

--
 + John D Stephens    ITS Design Systems   +