Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Best Multi-User Solution

2002-08-26 08:11:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Best Multi-User Solution
From: frazee.23 AT osu DOT edu (Joseph Frazee)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:11:56 -0400
I've been asked to come up with the best multi-user solution using NBU 3.4
(else, can I do this with 4.5?).

Here's what I mean:

I have 1 media manager/backup server that currently has several UNIX
clients. It's a fairly simple setup and I handle all the schedules for these
clients.

We are adding our Novell systems to it, but a different set of
administrators deal with those machines and I've been asked to keep them out
of the already existing stuff as much as I can without adding media managers
or any other license-requiring features.

The only ways I know how to do this is to force them to run a user schedule
manually, which is unacceptable, or to give them access to bpadm with the
UNIX util sudo, which doesn't really do what I've set out to do?

Is there any way to give someone administration privileges to specific
classes and nothing else?

Thanks,

Joseph Frazee
frazee.23 AT osu DOT edu