Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] oracle type class run backup script multiple times

2002-08-26 06:40:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] oracle type class run backup script multiple times
From: nicoleta_d73 AT hotmail DOT com (Nicoleta D)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:40:26 +0000
I have netbackup 3.4 on solaris7 and oracle 8.0.5 rman.
I have an oracle type class defined with a specific schedule, which runs on
2 clients (2cluster nodes) to backup 4 databases. For each database I have
one script. The databases are on one node for the moment but because they
might fail-over to the other node (never known when) I had to introduce in
the class the other client node too. When there are no database on the
second node the backup scheduler ends with 6 on that specific node and on
the main node the databases are backed up 3 times every day. This is not
normal as I do not need to backup each database 3 times every day?
Any help is welcome.

Regards
Nicoleta