Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] initialize_element_status failed (202 error?)

2002-08-22 12:47:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] initialize_element_status failed (202 error?)
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:47:40 -0500
Are all of the slots in your VLS filled with tapes?

I know with one of the old ATL libraries, if you manually removed a tape and
didn't "press" it in first to have it spring eject, it thought  a tape still
lived in the slot and subsequently failed with a similar error.

David

David A. Chapa
Backup Storage Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.