Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive cleaning

2002-08-18 23:11:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive cleaning
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:11:55 -0500
When you say "autocleaning", if you are referring to cleaning with Tape Alert,
you can not disable this.  Tape Alert is always on and there is no way to shut
it off.  With NBU it's either Tape Alert or Tape Alert + frequency based
cleaning.

The only way to not use Tape Alert is to not have a cleaning tape configured
within media manager (Tape Alert is still on and still detects that it needs
to clean the drive, but it can't and will log an error stating that it needed
to clean a drive but no cleaning tape was available).

- Scott

                    "Donaldson, Mark"

                    <[email protected]        To:     "'JLaurie AT
csu DOT org'" <JLaurie AT csu DOT org>,
                    om>                                  veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                    Sent by:                             cc:

                    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman DOT eng.        Subject:
RE: [Veritas-bu] Drive cleaning
                    auburn.edu

                    08/16/2002 11:01 AM

If your cleaning frequency is 0, then autocleaning is enabled in NB.  If you
don't want cleaning too occur, I think you'll have to set your cleaning freq
to something very big or just not load a cleaning tape and tolerate the
messages.

-M