Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclude list on VMS !

2002-08-15 13:33:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclude list on VMS !
From: karunanidhis AT hotmail DOT com (Karunanidhi Subramanian)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:33:53 -0700
Hi Folks !
My exclude list for VMS client does not seem to be working. I am initiating
the backup from the server. The file include is
"zeta$dkf100:[000000...]/exclude=nbu$dir:exclude.lis /log /ignore=interlock"
and the exclude.lis file on the VMS client(ZETA) is

zeta$dkf100:[oracle.oradata...]*.*;*
zeta$dkf100:[oracle.backup...]*.*;*

But during the Scheduled backup (not manual backup) the oracle.backup and
oracle.oradata directories are also backedup. What's going wrong?

Is it a general practice to use client initiated backups for VMS always?
Does server initiated backups work OK?

Thanks,
- Karun