Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] disk stu and Vault

2002-08-15 12:38:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] disk stu and Vault
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:38:13 -0700
This is not yet for offsite vaulting; currently I just want to get the
images off of disk and onto tape successfully, then I'll worry about
offsite.  The primary reason for this exercise is to use the disk stu
for speed of backups and near-term (less than a week) restores, then use
Vault to move images from disk to tape.  After the disk images expire
the tapes would be the primary restore candidates.

Once all that is successfull I will start dup'ing for Offsite as well.
This will involve a new profile (if not an entirely new vault due to
different media type for offsite) and new pools as well as catalogue
dup's.  But until the first part is good to go I'm still doing a second
full for offsite.

~JK

Jeff Kennedy
Unix Administrator