Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange mailbox backup

2002-08-15 09:39:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange mailbox backup
From: SGrieve AT templeinland DOT com (Grieve, Shane (TIFPC))
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:39:15 -0500
We are trying to implement a mailbox backup of our exchange server, to a
disk storage unit. The backup runs very slowly  around 300kb/sec and
randomly fails with a exit code 13 (file read failed) The master server is
Solaris 8 with NB 4.5 the client is a NT 4.0 box with exchange 5.5. Normal
file level backups run fine the size of the exchange information store is
18gb. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Shane Grieve
Unix Systems Administrator, Server Services
Temple Inland Forest Products
Sgrieve AT templeinland DOT com